Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Miracle

There are moments in life when things just really hit you... straight in the face. This was one of them. 

Grace had her preschool graduation last week.  I say "graduation"... she isn't really graduating anything, she returns next year for another year, but it's the end of the year and if they want to dress all the kids up in cute tee-shirts and sing awesome songs for all of us weeping parents, call it Graduation... call it whatever you want.  It sure makes us parents happy and proud.

You first need to know, or maybe be reminded (since I haven't wrote on the blog in -  GASP - five months) that Grace started off the year in preschool not talking to anyone.  Not saying a word.  Quiet as a church mouse (which, as those that sit around us in church can attest, she is NOT)... but at school that is how they knew her. 

She would go to speech therapy.  And not talk.  At. All.

So much for speech therapy.

Then something happened sometime in December.  and the switch was flipped. 

and now she is known as "Miss Chatterbox".

I digress. 

So, the awesome teachers somehow managed to teach these little tikes FIVE songs.  How they get these kids to sing five songs... I have no idea.  These teachers truly are AMAZING! 

The last song is about to start.  It's titled "Miracle". Grace is in the center, one of the littlest ones, with black hair and pink crocs.   :)



In case you have trouble catching the words, they go something like this. 

I have hands, I have hands,
Watch me clap, watch me clap.
Oh, what a miracle am I.
I have feet, I have feet,
Watch me stamp, watch me stamp.
Oh, what a miracle am I.
Oh, what  miracle, oh, what a miracle
Every little part of me.
I'm something special, so very special,
There's nobody quite like me.


Let me just tell you.  I cried.  I CRIED.  almost an ugly cry. 

Because Grace is a MIRACLE.  As are all these kids, but we often forget it. 

And I think of her birth, and the two days that followed her birth, and her first 17 months... and cry. cry. cry.  Miracle.

The day before, a news report surfaced about a little newborn baby saved from a sewage pipe in China.  and all I could think about while I watched "Miracle" was Grace, and this little baby 1/2 way around the world, and all the other Miracles out there... without Moms and Dads. 

and now I'm crying again.





4 comments:

  1. Oh, yeah, totally get it. Right there with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you speak my heart.....a miracle indeed!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This post is very simple to read and appreciate without leaving any details out. Great work! a course in miracles youtube

    ReplyDelete
  4. You completed certain reliable points there. I did a search on the subject and found nearly all persons will agree with your blog. acim

    ReplyDelete