Monday, February 18, 2013

Memory Lane Day 1

I'm going to try to tell some stories about our trip from two years ago that I never wrote about before.    Some may be silly.  Some more serious.   Honestly, as the time passes, memories fad... and I just want to make sure somehow I have documented as much as I possibly can remember.

Let's see how it goes.

I'm a total control freak.  When we travel places... I really like  need to be in charge of things.

I had a bit of a dilemma this trip.   In our carry-on bags were two very important things.

A laptop... our way of communicating with everyone back home while we were away.... The blog....Skype.  It was very important to me.

And all of the important documents we needed to finalize the adoption.    Obviously also very important!

Putting both in the same backpack was not an option... to heavy.  Which meant I had to put the laptop in one backpack and the documents in the other.

Which meant, I couldn't carry both.  I had to trust my husband with one of these bags.

But which?

I literally lost sleep over this.  Not kidding.

and I KNOW you all think I'm nuts.  Steve is wonderful.  He would never lose one of these important items.  I know this.  But... I just couldn't let it go.

In the end....

I carried the documents.  He carried the laptop.  It never mattered... OF COURSE he didn't lose anything.

So there you have it.  I'm not sure Steve has ever heard that story... or realized I obsessed that much.  Hope he isn't offended.  :)



Total jetlag... trying to eat dinner the first night in China.  I literally think I fell asleep while eating.


Starbucks.  oh yes.  Starbucks.  and... while food was super cheap in China.  A Starbucks coffee was not.  Which means one coffee = same price as dinner.    It was worth it.

Here is the post from our first 1/2 day in China - two years ago.


2 comments:

  1. Such memories! This was the day that we contacted our agency to find out more informatiion

    ReplyDelete
  2. Starbucks felt like an oasis to us in CHina!!!! love reading your stories!

    ReplyDelete